Friday, December 15, 2006

Helping Children

While working in Phoenix, Arizona last week I had some free time on Sunday so I stopped by a Borders book store in my old neighborhood -the Biltmore area.

As I was paying for my books I noticed a small box of book markers on the counter that shoppers could get for making a donation to the "First Books" (www.firstbook.org) program which works to donate new books to poor children. What could be better!!

First Book has an impressive roster of corporate, non-profit, and campus partners which range from Time Warner Cable to the Veterans of Foreign Wars. As you consider supporting charity groups for an end of the year contribution this might be a good way to support if you are shopping in Borders.

See you in the bargain books section :)

todd

No comments: