Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cuba Mall

The wife and I spent our recent honeymoon touring the North island of New Zealand which included a tour of their capital city - Wellington. A very fun shopping district in Wellington is a pedestrian mall known as "Cuba Mall." While window shopping I noticed a classic book shop where the owner is very well-read and the book shelves are over flowing with rare and hard to find books called "The Ferret Bookshop" at 123 Cuba Mall.

The owner recommended exactly the type of book I was looking for - a novel set in New Zealand written by a native kiwi -- which exactly what I purchased. The book is "Dirty Work" by Nigel Cox which will appear in my "Year End Review of Books Read" at the end of December.

The Ferret Bookshop is an ideal shop for you to visit if you are visiting Wellington but from a marketing standpoint I would suggest that the Ferret include a website/blog address on the book marks that they distribute to customers since people like me would give them free publicity like I am doing today via this blog.

Happy reading,
Todd

No comments: