Monday, November 27, 2006

Literary Websites

When I worked/lived in London, England from 2002 to 2004 my primary newspaper was the Daily Telegraph which recently published a list of "literary websites". Based on their list here are three websites/blogs that caught my attention:

www.gutenberg.org -- Project Gutenberg is the "first digital library" which delivers e-books for free. When it comes to books I am very old school, traditional -- give me a paper book any day since I spend enough time at my computer blogging about things I read daily :-)

www.bookslut.com - This website has an entire regiment of writers since it is content-rich. It is truly a small world after all since I read about this website via a British newspaper while traveling in New Zealand only to discover that one of Bookslut's contributors/writers is a book shop owner in St. Paul, Minnesota which is only about 20 minutes from my home!!!

www.readysteadybook.com -- Again, a very content-rich website like Bookslut since they have a whole host of contributors/writers. I bookmarked this website in my browser since I am a bit of an Anglophile given my nearly 3 years of studying/working in the United Kingdom.

Any book-related websites my readers want to suggest are most welcome.

Thanks, Todd

No comments: