Saturday, March 15, 2008

Last Will and Testament

Today I finally completed one of those "adult things" we should all do -- I typed up my Last Will and Testament dictating how my assets (assuming the government doesn't take the rest of what I have) will be distributed once I pass on to the great library in the sky. Question - do you think Heaven charges late fees for overdue books? :-)

One section of my will that I am proud of is a provision that donates my personal library and a cash amount to the public library in my boyhood home of Ida Grove, Iowa. You can see what is going on in the area (quiet but a good place to raise a family) via this website -- www.idacountycourier.com

My community library exposed me to a world of learning and clearly helped prepare me for the three college degrees I have completed since I left this small town which sits in the heart of the Maple River valley.

My donation is a small thank you to the community leaders who made certain my hometown had a high quality library. May future students benefit from this gift.

Read on MacDuff and damned be the man that first cry, "hold enough!",

Todd

No comments: