Monday, April 21, 2008

Hawaii

My family and I recently traveled to a Honolulu, Hawaii for a "working vacation" since I had to give a speech and my wife is on maternity leave so now was the ideal time to go!! Due to this trip I have not posted here for several days but I did collected news items along the way that I plan to post on this week including this one --

Hawaii Book and Music Festival
Third Annual - "free event celebrating books, reading, storytelling, and music............."
May 17 and 18, 2008
Fasi Civic Center grounds

Full details can be found at -- www.hawaiibookandmusicfestival.org

Due to family time and working via blackberry I only read one of the two books I brought with me on our trip. The book was "Little Heathens" which is a memoir on Iowa farm life during the Great Depression of the 1930's. A far departure from our kayaking in the ocean and my surfing lessons I have to tell you. Truly the world economy has been in worse shape than it is today.

Hang loose and read more,

Todd

No comments: