Sunday, March 25, 2007

Book Swapping

I recently read about this website that offers a free book swapping service --

www.readitswapit.co.uk

When I checked it out today they offered about 105,000 book titles available for book swapping. Unless I missed it this service is solely focused on the United Kingdom so I probably won't utilize it since sending a book from the USA to UK can be cost prohibitive not only due to shipping costs but due to Customs charges and delays.

Regardless I am intrigued by this service since it allows book lovers to swap with each other at no cost so I contacted them to ask about their plans for the USA market.

Recycle,

Todd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are sites that offer it here. I have never used them because I do tend to read books more than once but a few people I know have sworn by them. The ones that I know of are:

http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php

http://bookmooch.com/


Holstein Girl

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've just seen your blog so I thought I'd pop by and say hi! Thanks for the mention. In regards to our plans for offering the service in the US, I can tell you it is on the to-do list. We're concentrating on some improvements to the UK version first and then we'll work on rolling this out!

Andrew
readitswapit.co.uk