Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Home Schooler

While reading the April edition of NewsMax magazine I read an excerpt of a recent Reader's Digest interview of rapper/actor Will Smith (who starred in these movies -- Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness) and his wife Jada Pinkett. The excerpt noted that Smith and Pinkett home school their children -- is that even allowed in Hollywood!!!!???

The interview went on to quote Smith declaring that he sees no reason to go back to school for a formal education because, "I know how to learn anything I want to learn, from a BOOK."

Two important books that Smith cites in this interview include:
  • Plato's Republic
  • Artistotle's Politics

Finally, Smith leaves me with hope that the left wing establishment in Hollywood can be challenged from within now that I know Smith's world view as summarized by this quote pertaining to the two books noted above --

"That is what the forefathers of this country read, and they used them to create what I believe is the finest system of government that has ever existed."

I agree with you Fresh Prince!!

Todd

No comments: