Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sebastian Faulks

This weekend's Financial Times (FT) published a great interview of author, Sebastian Faulks, known for several novels including -- Birdsong, Charlotte Gray, and Engleby.

While the FT asked Mr. Faulks several questions I wanted to highlight several that caught my attention and I hope will inspire my readers to chuckle a bit as I did when I read the last response from Mr. Faulks cited below (my comments are in all CAPS):

Question: What's the last book you couldn't finish?
Answer: Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

INTERESTING -- I FINISHED IT AND THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD READ.

Q: How many books do you read at once?
A: About three, usually

ME TOO, SHORT ATTENTION SPAN!!

Q: What book changed your life?
A: Sons and Lovers by DH Lawrence

I SHOULD SAY THE "VOYAGE OF THE SPACE BEAGLE" BUT IT IS A TIE BETWEEN THE "ICEBERG HERMIT" AND THE "CALL OF THE WILD" DURING MY YOUTH.

Q: What would you go back and change?
A: The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand was probably a mistake.

NOW THAT IS DAMN FUNNY!! OF COURSE THIS SINGLE EVENT LED TO THE START OF WORLD WAR I. I SAW THE BRIDGE WHERE THIS HAPPENED. TRULY AMAZING HOW POLITICIANS - WHETHER ALIVE OR DEAD - CAN CAUSE THE DEATH OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

Follow yourself not politicians,

Todd

No comments: