Sunday, June 3, 2007

Disney World

Last week I spent touring Disney World in Orlando, Florida with my family. For adults I would recommend EPCOT Center and Animal Kingdom. But my best advice would be what I learned from a family waiting behind us in the line to ride the Aerosmith roller coaster -- bring a paperback book to read while you wait in line for the rides!!

We waited nearly 1.5 hours on this roller coaster but the other ride wait times ranged from 20 to 45 minutes. So if you don't have children with you or you have them distracted with toys, junk food, or Disney merchandise (which you will find at every turn) then bring a book to read while you wait in line.

Final note on Disney -- perhaps I missed it but I did not see any book reading events being held in the parks we visited. I have to believe that having some of the characters read from Disney books would prove popular with the kids (and kids at heart like me).

Todd

No comments: