Monday, October 29, 2007

Book Store Closing

Since I love to explore book stores whenever I travel I try to post book store-related comments on this blog because these vendors are the backbone of an educated, civilized society.

That said, it is always sad when I read about another book store that is closing as is the case with Lee's Books located in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. Lee Whited, owner of Lee's Books, stated in the article I read (www.twincities.com - October 19) that 90% of his revenues now come from online/Internet sales thus having a store front is an unnecessary cost of business for him.

Yes -- I am a scavenger so I plan to shop for some bargains at Lee's going out of business sale during the month of November but I have to laugh because Lee's landlord at the Lawson Commons building in downtown St. Paul is none other than the City of St. Paul government!! Yet another reason for governments to own very little in terms of real estate.

Good luck Lee,

Todd

No comments: