Monday, October 8, 2007

Poet Laureate of Minnesota

My State of Minnesota has created the honorary role of "Poet Laureate" to "act as an enthusiastic champion of poetry in Minnesota............" so while I do not feel this legislation was needed (instead of an act of government I would have preferred an organization like our Minnesota Library Association would have created such a position -- http://www.mnlibraryassociation.org/) I will still help promote the job given my love of books, learning, and as a supporter of the arts.

If you or someone you know qualifies for this role please apply by 31 October 2007 via this website:

www.minnesotahumanities.org

Good luck to all applicants.

As a tribute to this new job in Minnesota I will close this posting with a haiku I wrote for this occasion:

Ten thousand lakes strong
The loon's tremolo beckons
Enjoy north woods sunsets

Read to live or live to read,

Todd

No comments: