Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Paris Hilton

Ms. Paris Hilton receives more attention than she is due so I hesitate to post about her but since this item is book-related I feel obligated to mention it.

In a cartoon called "Poison Pen" published in a great magazine out of Canada called Western Standard was this cartoon which I will have to describe since I don't have a photo of it nor copyright permission to use such a photo --

BACK DROP -- picture of a the front entrance of a public library

SIGN -- a sign next to the library entrance that reads, "Where Paris Hilton Should Really Serve Her Sentence"

Of course this is a reference to the jail time Ms. Hilton served for her driver's license violations and her apparent lack of basic knowledge about the world we live in. Personally I don't know what function she would serve in a public library in terms of community service but just the thought of her sitting in a library reading for eight hours a day leaves me with a warm feeling that there is hope for civilization.

Reading is rehab,

Todd

No comments: