Friday, July 27, 2007

Harry Potter sales totals

Granted this is just a snap shot view of current Harry Potter book sales but in the July 26, 2007 edition of USA Today's Best-Selling Books list of the top 50 the Harry Potter books had a very impressive presence. A full 8 out of the top 14 sales rankings in this top 50 list were captured by the various Harry Potter books written by J.K. Rowling -- 8 out of the current top 14 books!!

Not that is VERY impressive. I have to admit that I have not read even one of the Potter books and I have only seen a portion of one of the Potter films -- which I did not enjoy that much -- so I feel a bit out of the loop when it comes to the Potter cult. Standing in line waiting for the new Harry Potter (or the iPhone!!!) book is not the way I want to spend my time. A much better option is lying on my couch reading one of the many un-read books in my home library.

My congratulations to Ms. Rowling on her success. From the media reports I have seen her books have inspired children to be active readers so if that is true she has my heart felt thanks for promoting literacy.

Enjoy the magic,

Todd

1 comment:

Jeff Deitering said...

Bought my copy at 12:03am and had it read by 2 the next day. Very entertaining and a good conclusion to the entire series.