Thursday, July 5, 2007

Independence Day

Perhaps the 4th of July ("Independence Day" I prefer to say) holiday this week inspired my choice of books that I started reading when I had some free time yesterday since my choice was "The Wit and Wisdom of Benjamin Franklin." Ah, B. Franklin - inventor, diplomat, printer, scientist, public servant, author!! Known is some spheres as the "First American" he was clearly one of the great leaders among leaders as one of the USA's Founding Fathers.

As is my nature I am currently reading four books at the same time with only the Franklin book related to the American Founding. I would love to read "1776" by the very accomplished historian, David McCulloch but I have several books in my reading queue already. Hopefully I will be able to arrange my August travel around McCulloch's "a conversation with David McCulloch" event being held in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

If any readers out there have books related to the American Founding/Founding Fathers to recommend to me or to suggest for other readers of this blog I would welcome your suggestions.

Keep turning pages,

Todd

1 comment:

Jeff Deitering said...

One of my favorite books in grade school was "Johnny Tremain"