Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Onward Christian Writers

While I am a Christian I admit I have not read much in terms of "Christian literature" beyond some C.S. Lewis books and publications from my friends at the Acton Institute (www.acton.org). However, a short article in a recent USA Today announcing this year's winner of the "Christian Book of the Year" (CBY - presented by the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association) caught my attention.

Karen Kingsbury won the CBY for 2007 for her work of inspirational fiction entitled - "Ever After" - which is especially unique since the CBY has historically been won by "pastors, scholars, and Christian social commentators......" according to the article I read. Ms. Kingsbury already has 6 million books in print so winning the CBY will only add to her success.

While Ms. Kingsbury's publication numbers are impressive I have to highlight her even more impressive writing career history which includes time spent as a sports reporter, then as a true-crime book author, and finally into her current role as a Christian writer. Having the ability to write across three very different genres is impressive to say the least.

I look forward to reading her work once my current pile of books on the dresser has been processed.

Keep reading,

Todd

No comments: