Monday, July 16, 2007

What Goes 'Round

While on a mini-vacation with the family this past weekend in Bayfield, Wisconsin I had the opportunity to meet the author of Outdoor Follies- Humor and Adventures in the Outdoors - Peter F. Crowley. Mr. Crowley is a native of Ashland, Wisconsin who served in the US Navy for four years before returning home to Wisconsin. I found him to be very personable and an avid fisherman so I am guessing his book will provide an interesting treatment of outdoor activities.

I met Mr. Crowley during his book signing event at a used book store -- complete with a lot of character and a host of "characters" -- in Bayfield called "What Goes 'Round. Interested readers, especially anyone looking for a good selection of outdoor living books and regional authors from Minnesota and Wisconsin, can find them on the web at: www.bayfieldbooks.com

When I paid for my books the store owner mentioned that they are "fighting the big corporations......." via an Internet-based cooperative book database that a number of independent stores like his have joined. This venture is located at -- www.tomfolio.com -- and features book stores in eight different countries.

Not only were the conversations interesting but the weather in Bayfield was beautiful. If readers have had similar experiences I would love to hear from you.

Todd

No comments: