Friday, September 7, 2007

Bill Clinton

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show on September 4th to promote his new book (side note -- I recently saw his autobiography in the bargain section for only $8.00 but I avoided buying it but if one of my left wing friends wants to buy it for me I promise to read it) entitled, "Giving", which focused on philanthropy and civic action according to the Associated Press account I read.

Philanthropy? What an interesting topic for the man who declared in 1995 that the "era of Big Government is over.............." Should his wife Hillary become President in January 2009 I have to wonder if his 1995 statement will hold true.

But back to Billy Boy's new book -- "Giving" -- based on his career in public policy at the state and federal level a better title for his book might be "Taking" since his policies took money from us tax slaves for his programs such as Midnight Basketball leagues and a "100,000 cops on the streets............." We would have all been better off if Mr. Clinton had believed in private philanthropy like Oprah's "Angel Network" more than he believed in government programs.

Granted I have not read "Giving" yet so my assessment might be completely wrong so I will rely on my left wing fans out there to educate me if needed :-) However, if I am right in my thinking that Mr. Clinton has reformed himself now that he has become part of the private and non-profit sectors to the point that he is an advocate of personal philanthropy then I will cheer his efforts and will buy his book!!

Hopefully he is becoming a "Todd-let" as my friends say,

Todd

No comments: