Monday, September 24, 2007

Gift Books

While reading a recent issue of Best Life magazine (a great men's magazine if any of my readers - especially if you are ubersexuals like me -- are interested is looking for a copy) I read a short interview of Rose Byrne who is an actress/former model who LOVES books. Ms. Byrne was quoted saying, "The novel is the last sacred form of art" commenting on what men should buy for their women - antiquarian books -- as a unique gift.

Regarding Ms. Byrne (star of "28 Weeks Later), she is a "tall drink of water............." who could probably increase the readership statistics that claim only 25% of Americans read one book per year if an entity like the National Book Festival hired her for a photo shoot and promotional tour across the nation's sports bars and Hooter's Restaurants ;-) The Byrne interview went on to recommend that readers utilize the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America website (www.abaa.org) in search of the perfect text for the woman you love.

I plan to scan the website for a gift for my own wife -- no doubt regarding a subject I like in case she doesn't so I have a nice book for the collection!!

Spoil your woman (and/or yourself),

Todd

No comments: